Friday, November 11, 2005

Before


So here is my baby. I got her all in parts from a really awesome neighbor and I'm starting the process of restoring her to "good" condition. I'm trying to be honest with myself...she's not going to be show quality, but she is going to be awesome to ride.

I've finish stripping all of the last parts from the frame and the remaining metal body parts. I used a chisel and hammer to whack off the rivets from the floor rails, thanks to the guys at ASC for helping on how to do that (http://www.americanascootercenter.com).

After that I took her over to Aus-Tex Sandblasting (512-243-0274) where they blasted off the paint and stickers. I took the frame back to ASC where they did some welds to clean up the frame and fill in some holes in the body that I wasn't going to need.

Right now the frame is back at Aus-Tex. They are going to be giving her a nice coat of red oxide primer, followed by some sanding and then paint. The color of choice was a "fresh lime" color. I'm hoping it'll be nice and bling.

No comments: